Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Bailey's Homemade Brownies (Mrs. Claus's favorite)

I've been calling myself Mrs. Claus around the house lately. Yes, in third person. I get a kick out of it, even if no one else does.

"Mrs. Claus is packing on the pounds this year, geez."

"Mrs. Claus needs a drink."

So when Mrs. Claus saw this recipe for brownies with Baileys irish creme, I was in.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/satmandu/2751861088/

You'll Need:
1 stick unsalted butter
3 squares baking chocolate
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream Liqueur

Note: you can also use brownie mix, and add 1/4 Baileys.


Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivypics/4256759309/


 Directions:

- Preheat oven to 350.

- Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. 

- In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. 

- Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. 

- Add in eggs, beating one at a time. 

- Add flour and stir just until combined. 
- Stir in Bailey’s. *
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 10 x 10 square cake pan).  

- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done.

* = most important step


Enjoy all you other Mrs. Clauses.

8 comments:

  1. baaahahahaha! "mrs. claus needs a drink." made me lol. and i'm pretty sure i have all those ingredients right now, so this mrs. claus is running to the kitchen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! These brownies sound amazing. Thanks for the recipe. I am going to make these and add them to my Christmas tins of goodies I give for presents. I hope there are some left for me!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Suzanne Deleon
    gmasudie61@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I have everything except for the Bailey's, These are so being added to my baking list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait! I'm glad there will be plenty of Irish cream left over to have a drink

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! I'm enjoying a freshly baked one as I type alongside a cup of hot cocoa with Bailey's Chocolate mint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking that you must have your sugar and flour measurements backwards as mine was just a pan of goo. :( Tasty goo, but still just goo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you use a box brownie mix, do you just use Baileys or do you mix them per the box directions and then add Baileys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ye you can...just follow the brownie mix instructions and add in 1/4 cup baileys!

    ReplyDelete